DKNY - Can't get a part for my watch and the customer service is non-existent

I was given a DKNY Crosswalk watch by my son. On a trip, the pin that holds the crossed pieces to the band broke.

I've been told by 2 different watch repair places that I have to get the part from the company.

I've emailed. No reply. I called the customer service number. Disconnected.

I called a second number (parent company, I guess) and DKNY wasn't even one of the options to select. No local outlets, so I called one in California and spoke with a Sales Lead who assured me she would research and get back to me.

Nothing.

I love my watch and just want the part to fix it. I'm really shocked by the lack of customer service for one of fashions iconic brands.

Preferred solution: Send me the part to fix my watch - no charge for the hassle involved.

I liked: Watch - it is beautiful.

I didn't like: Customer service.

Resolved: DKNY - Despicable Customer Service!

Resolved
1.2

Update by user Sep 30, 2017

After contacting The Division of Consumer Protection (DCP) in New York a part refund was received from DKNY and the remaining amount from FedEx.

Update by user Sep 30, 2017

I purchased a piece of knitwear from DKNY, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong. When I took it out of my closet to wear and I went to remove the tags I noticed the garment had started to fray along the side and had a large hole.

I went to return it to the store but it had closed down two weeks previously but even now after notifying DKNY they have not removed it from their website. Instead of wasting anymore of my time I chose to send the item via registered packet at my expense along with a covering letter and proof of purchase to their head Office In New York, USA. Upon receiving the item I was contacted by a DKNY representative telling me that there was no receipt included. I can assure you the receipt was wrapped in the faulty garment.

I was offered a repair; the garment was not repairable and under Cap 26 of the Sales of Goods Ordinance in Hong Kong as the item was sold to me as brand new the item has to be clear of defects (including minor defects) and should be faultless but DKNY did not feel they had to adhere to this. They offered me the sum of $25.00 USD which I refused as this left me $273.00 USD out of pocket. DKNY then chose to repair the item anyway and post it back to me via FedEx but I did not receive the registered package. I then had to go through numerous abusive, rude and threatening emails and in one telephone call from their representatives who were insistent that either myself or a member of staff in my building had hold of the package; which we didn't they reduced me to tears with their behaviour.

I even resorted to contacting their CEO who doesn't even have the courtesy of acknowledging, responding or to pass my email on to a member of staff who can reply on his behalf. After numeous months of dealing with DKNY and no resolution I contacted the Division of Consumer Protection (DCP) in New York; who's first response from DKNY was that they should not deal with me as I do not live in the USA even though they are happy to take business and money for goods from people living outside the USA as well as FedEx to investigate the matter. It appears the package had been delivered to another address and FedEx were unable to recover it. On enquiring on how I recovered my costs for the lost item it appears a member of staff at DKNY had fraudulently declared the item as only costing $10.00 USD; I was not aware DKNY sold anything costing in the region of $10.00 USD.

The Division of Consumer Protection (DCP) in New York and FedEx continually contacted DKNY as they had been refunded the $10.00 USD they claimed the item was worth and the shipping costs but I had been refunded nothing. Eventually I received an email from DKNY offering me $200.00 USD to bring this matter to close; I accepted although I did only recceived $192.00 USD as DKNY requested I picked up the processing fee not them when transferring the payment. FedEx agreed to pay the additional $98.00 USD so I was not out of pocket. At the time I was suffering with a severe illness and going through treatment and DKNY were aware of this but still ignored my requests to resolve this matter.

Now it have been resolved and proved that I was not a liar and did not have the package I have requested on two occassions in writing for a full apology but they do not have the courtesy or manners to provide me with one. I advise others do not buy from this company they sell faulty goods and have despicable customer service.

Original review posted by user May 25, 2017

I went to return it to the store but it had closed down two weeks previously but even now after notifying DKNY they have not removed it from their website. Instead of wasting anymore of my time I chose to send the item via registered packet at my expense along with a covering letter and proof of purchase to their head Office In New York, USA. Upon receiving the item I was contacted by a DKNY representative that there was no receipt included. I can assure you the receipt was wrapped in the faulty garment.

I have been offerred a repair; the garment is not repairable and under Cap 26 of the Sales of Goods Ordinance in Hong Kong as the item was sold to me as brand new the item has to be clear of defects (including minor defects) and should be faultless but DKNY do not feel they have to adhere to this. They have offerred me the sum of $25.00 which I have refused as this leaves me $273.00 out of pocket. I have received rude and threatenting emails from their representative and have even resorted to contacting their CEO who doesn't even have the courtesy of acknowledging, responding or to pass my email on to a member of staff who can reply on his behalf. I am currently sufferring with a severe illness and going through treatment and DKNY are aware of this but still ingnore my requests to resolve this matter.

I find this absoulutly appaulling and astounding under the circumstances especially as Donna Karen herself is the founder of the Urban Zen Foundation and her own husband sufferred with cancer.

I would assume DKNY would offer some compassion obviously not. I advise others do not buy from this company they sell faulty goods and have despicable customer service.

Product or Service Mentioned: Dkny Clothing.

I didn't like: Customer service.

DKNY - Overcharged and Unable To Get A Refund!

I purchased an item from DKNY for the sum of 131.00 USD when I received my credit card statement they had taken the sum of 292.03 USD meaning I had been overcharged the sum of 161.03 USD. I sent the customer service department an email but received a reply telling me I would have to call them, this I did and spent 30 minutes on the phone from Hong Kong speaking to several members of staff including a supervisor but they were unable to trace my order.

I subsequently sent then an email attaching a copy of the bill and the order form which accompanied the item. I received a reply advising me I would receive a reply with 1-2 days, 10 days later I have not had the courtesy of an acknowledgement or a response.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

I didn't like: Overcharge and unable to get the money refunded.